Here are some significant benefits of using images in your marketing – and how to achieve marketing success through images:
1. Images keep your reader’s attention
I already hinted at the fact that images help you structure the content – but there is more to it.
Eye-tracking software proves that internet users pay closer attention to the information in images. Images provide valuable fixpoints in the content. And if they are related to the actual topic and content, they help your audience to skim the content and see in an instant whether the information is useful – or not.
But! You need to provide images that are valuable to your audience – simple, unrelated stock photos will most of the time, not do the trick.
Instead, go for graphics, illustrations, or something else that is on-topic.
2. Marketing images make your content memorable
Do you want to make an impression on your audience and stay on their minds? Use images!
If we hear a piece of information, we will remember 10% of it after 3 days – if you see the information, you will remember 65% of it. And statistics are similar for written content compared to images.
3. Images can help you to get more social shares
There are several reasons why a piece of content without any images does not get as many social shares as content with images. It all starts with the „need“ for images in some social networks, which means that images make your content more shareable. But there is more to images for social media platforms.
Tweets with images get 150% percent more retweets and a lot more engagement than tweets without images. And people like me know that. I will not tweet your content if you don’t provide any image to go with the tweet because I know that it is more or less worthless to tweet content without an image.
Social media marketing without images is near to impossible in today’s world. And the same applies to a content marketing strategy.
4. Images can earn trust with your audience
Let us be honest: Digital marketing is not all about blogging, creating posts, engaging, and getting it shared. In the end, we all want to sell something online. And images can help you to make the sales!
Consumers love images. Images create trust and give a look and feel of the product they are about to buy.
In fact, 67% of consumers claim that the quality of a product image is very important for selecting and purchasing a product.
6. Digital marketing images can help with Link Building
Have you ever noticed that some graphics are used in almost all content on a given topic? Usually, these graphics are some statistics, quotes, or illustrations that work very well. And the creator of these images gets a backlink as the image source every time the image is used.
That is an excellent link building strategy.
But it only works if you create unique and engaging images. Nobody will “quote” your royalty-free image that you downloaded from a collection of stock images.
7. Make your content rank better through image SEO
Images can tremendously help your rankings in Google search and give you extra views for your content through the Google image search. In fact, a huge chunk of web searches are made for images:
If you are using the Yoast WordPress plugin, you may have noticed that they ask you to add alt tags with keywords to some of your images – and add images to your content.
But there is a little more to images and the best content than just adding some images and keywords. Images can even hurt your SEO rankings if you use them wrong.
So here is the short description of how to use images to improve your search rankings – and not hurt them.
- The format of the image: PNG and JPEG image types are the most commonly used image formats. PNG usually produces better quality in your image, but the file size can be huge. JPEG can easily be adjusted concerning file size and image quality to fit your needs.
- Consider the file size and compress larger images: On average, the images on a website are responsible for around 21% of the website’s weight. And that means that there is a considerable potential to make websites load faster if you consider the file size of your images. Compressing larger images can make a huge difference. You can use compress images in Photoshop or use a WordPress plugin.
- Don’t use images everybody else uses: Stock photos do not add any value or personality to your content. While they may serve the overall appearance of your content, using only stock photos means that you miss out on a massive power of images. Original high-quality images will give you a much larger SEO effect.
- Consider copyright for all your images. If you are using images from other websites, make sure you do not violate copyright rules. That is another advantage of creating your own images for your content: i.e., statistics, infographics, quote images, screenshots – there are so many options, use them!
- Use keywords in file names: We are talking about SEO for images here, which means that images called image01, image02 should be out of the question. Consider the keywords of your content – and name your images accordingly. This way, your images can show up in searches related to your content.
- Use the ALT tags: When you upload an image to your WordPress, the ALT tags are usually empty. Don’t leave them like that. Use the Alt tag field to add more keywords that relate to what the image is all about. This is especially important when you invest the time and effort to create your own images like infographics or statistics.
- Think about the image file structure: Google does not only use the file name to rank images – but the file path is also a ranking factor. That means that you should consider sorting your images into folders for different topics. For instance, shop owners should consider using the categories and the subcategories of their products to structure the media folder.
- Consider your Page title and Meta description: If you want to rank for your images via Google image search, consider the page title and description. Yes, you probably optimize those two for search anyway – if not, you need to do it! But if you have an image you want to rank, this will be way easier if you use the same keywords in the page title and description.
For further enquiries on any of our expertise or services, whether it is for website design & development, mobile application development, or digital media marketing, please feel free to contact or WhatsApp +6016-2032 000, email [email protected] or visit https://ultranet.com.my Thank you.