What Are Responsive Search Ads?
Responsive search ads are a text ads that allow advertisers to enter multiple headlines and descriptions which Google’s machine learning will then test, learn, and optimize for the best performing combination according to search query.
This can help advertisers create ads that are more relevant to their ideal customers’ searches.
The new responsive search ads are the latest example of Google’s advances in machine learning and automation.
The Advantages of the New Responsive Search Ads
1. Optimization through machine learning
These new ad units will allow advertisers to input up to 15 different headlines and 4 descriptions.
Google will then test and run all possible combinations to create the best performing configuration.
No more A/B testing — Google’s AI will now autonomously test all possible outcomes which save advertisers valuable time.
2. Show more text and relevant messages to customers
These ads can feature 3 headlines and two 90-character descriptions.
You can also specify their width, giving more space to show on mobile. This will improve the visibility of your search ads on mobile devices.
3. Show up in more relevant searches
By using multiple combinations of headlines and descriptions, your ads will have the opportunity to compete in more auctions.
This will help your message reach more customers by showing up for more searches.
6 Tips for Using Responsive Search Ads
Google has outlined some best practices for advertisers to consider to get the most out of the new responsive search ads:
1. Provide at least 8-10 headlines. The more headlines you provide, the more options there are to assemble your messages into relevant ads, which may increase performance.
2. Include a keyword in 2 headlines.
3. Include at least another 3 headlines that do NOT include your keywords.
4. Highlight additional products or service benefits and features, a problem you’re solving, or highlight shipping and return information.
5. Create headlines of different lengths. Don’t try to maximize the character count in every headline.
6. Add at least 2 distinct descriptions. Responsive search ads could show up to two descriptions at a time.
“These have powerful potential for advertisers using Google Ads in the future.”
Ultranet – For further inquiries on any of our expertise or services, whether it is for website design & development, mobile application development, or digital media marketing, please feel free to contact or WhatsApp +6016 203 2000, email [email protected] or visit ultranet.com.my Thank you